Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Another Chocolate Chip Scone Recipe




Thank you Hersheys.com for a great recipe!  Sorry about the poor photos, sadly I used my PHONE.  All of my camera's are either dead or memory is full. So sad! At least I can say the photos don't do the scones any justice. They taste fantastic!
I altered this recipe in half and made a few changes. Makes 16 petite scones.

Hershey's Chocolate Chip Scones

1 3/4 Cup Flour
1/2 Tbs + 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/8 Tsp Salt
1/4 Cup of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/4 Cup of Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips
1 Cup [Heavy] Whipping Cream
Extra Sugar for dipping

Preheat oven to 325.

Whisk together flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
Stir whipping cream into flour mixture, stirring just until ingredients are moistened.
Turn mixture out onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently until soft dough forms (about 2 minutes). Divide dough into 2 equal balls. One ball at a time, flatten into 4-5 inch circle; cut into 8 triangles.
In separate small bowl, fill with a few tablespoons of sugar. Dip each scone to coat all sides of triangle.  Place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.  Bake for 15-17 minutes.

This is a super easy recipe.  The perfect alternate to the chocolate chip cookie.  Plus it is great if you ran out of eggs and happen to have leftover heavy cream from Car Bomb Cupcakes!

The verdict is out on whether or not I like these scones better than the brown sugar/ buttercream scones I made a few weeks back. I think these cooked nicer but I'm not sure if that was because I was familiar with making scones now or if it is due to the difference in ingredients.

These were definitely quick to make due to the simple ingredients and I'd be more apt to make these again since the only odd ingredient that I don't normally have on hand is the heavy cream.  This is something inexpensive enough to add to the regular grocery list.


No comments:

Post a Comment