Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cocoa Raspberry Muffins

So I'm not sure if these should be a breakfast, snack or dessert. Wow. Baking these will be the highlight of, I don't know, maybe forever.


I wanted a muffin for breakfast. I wanted something chocolate.  I wanted to use the frozen raspberries I purchased. I wanted to use the yogurt muffin recipe again. I wanted it all. Oh yeah, So, I made them and I got it all. It WORKED! Wooohooo! They are delicious.  The only thing I might add is a dab of whipped cream and maybe some fresh raspberries on top, but honestly I think they came out perfect. Just the right amount of chocolate without being too sweet, plus the bits of tart berry. HEAVEN!

Cocoa Raspberry Muffins  makes 6 muffins


1 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
3 Tbs Cocoa Powder
1 egg
5 Tbs Raspberry blended yogurt
2 Tbs melted butter
1 Generous Cup of frozen Raspberries
[note: in the photo you see two cups of raspberries, I did not use them all in the batter.]

Melt the butter, let cool to room temperature.  Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.

In a separate bowl slightly whisk egg, butter and yogurt.  Make a well in dry ingredients and add the yogurt mixture. Mix until combined then add the frozen raspberries. The berries will get squashed in the process, this is completely desired.

The batter will almost be as thick as a cookie dough but not quite.  

Divide the batter into 6 greased [cooking spray] cups, the batter will reach the top of the cup.

Bake at 350 for about 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Allow muffins to cool in the tin.

Now is where the fun began.

I could not wait to get one of these babies out of the tin to eat or photograph.  I had a fantastic photo op idea.  The Toddler had her own plans to be in on the action.  I attempted to photograph the muffin at her level. Brilliant. So she reaaaaly wanted one but I told her they were still hot. She started to blow on it to cool it down and her baby doll reaaaaaly wanted to help.

I had to just laugh. She SOOOO wanted a piece of this muffin.  I don't blame her, they smell amazing.
I decided to just keep shooting. She got closer and closer to it until I got this. Then I just bust out laughing. She is SO freaking adorable sometimes. I can't stand it.

Un-edited and un-posed.  Come on, you try getting an 18 month old to try doing THAT again and get a better shot.  This one below will make it to her baby book for sure. I love her.

Ok go ahead, just taste it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment