Thursday, March 31, 2011

THE Burger

Thank You Baked Bree for The Best Burger recipe!


Our Burger nights are usually pretty lame. Hubs prefers an unseasoned slab of ground beef and a piece of cheese on a plain bun, oh wait, with ketchup too. Maybe some BBQ sauce or a small scrap of lettuce if he's feeling frisky. That's it. Booooring. Sorry Hubs, we need to branch out.  This is the perfect time to do so.  If I'm gonna eat a burger as a weeknight meal, it better actually be a MEAL.  Not something that requires several side dishes just to be remotely satisfying. We like Bacon Cheeseburgers but Hubs takes the bacon off and eats it separately.  What's the point then? I can just make a plate of bacon and serve it but that's not dinner.

The Best Hamburger Ever by BakedBree!
I modified a few things...

1 pound ground beef [I used 90% which has minimal excess fat]
4-5 Tsp of  Heinz 57 Sauce
1 Tbs of Montreal Seasoning
1 Shallot
3 slices of cooked bacon per person [Whichever store brand was on sale, Cooked till no longer wiggly!]
Colby Jack cheese
Kaiser rolls
Romaine Lettuce

I started by cooking the bacon half way in the microwave.  Then I finished cooking it on a skillet until it no longer wiggled. We dislike wiggly bacon here.  I set the bacon aside on some paper towels to soak up the excess grease. I also drained any left over grease on the skillet. Turn off the burner and allow skillet to cool.
In a bowl I mixed the beef with the 57 sauce and Montreal Seasoning then formed 4 patties.  Slice up a shallot and saute on the same skillet you cooked the bacon on.  In the meantime add the patties to the skillet as well.  Remove shallots when they are nicely browned and set aside with your bacon, lettuce and cheese.  Cook the patties until no longer pink inside.
Assemble your burgers.  I put cheese, shallots and some bacon on the bottom of the roll. Added the patty & more cheese to the top of the patty along with the tomato, lettuce and bacon.

I think this was the best recipe I've made all week! Thanks again Bree!

No comments:

Post a Comment