Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mocha-Chocolate Chip Cookies

Coffee and Chocolate. What more could one need in life??


I have been thinking about a recipe that I can send or share. Mail some home-made baked goodness to some far off friends or perhaps give as gifts.  This is what I came up with!  I need to test the recipe again with more espresso powder.  That particular flavor does not shine through as much as I expected but it's hinted in there. Or maybe I need to mix the espresso powder with water first to bring out the flavor. Darnit, I have to make theses... again!

Mocha-Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 20 (use a TBS as a scoop)

1 1/8 Cup Flour
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tbs Espresso Powder
1 Stick of softened un-salted butter
6 Tbs White Granulated Sugar
6 Tbs packed Light Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 Cup Chocolate Chips

Mix all dry ingredients together, add softened butter and egg. Combine well or until there are no more lumps of brown sugar visible.  If mixture is too dry add 1/2 Tbs of hot tap water.
Bake 350 for 10 minutes.
These cookies burn fast so be careful.  The batter does not flatten out as much as a regular chocolate chip dough would.  They cook more evenly and don't burn if the dough scoops are smaller. Plus then you can have 3-4 cookies and not feel so bad. Hey they're small, its okaaay right?
This mixture is getting mailed to my friend, the Comic Book Writer & Illustrator! I promised baked goods in exchange for comics.  Unfortunately I'm in Jersey and he is in Florida. My fresh baked goods are tasty but not at the cost of overnight shipping.  So I found a recipe that fits in a jar! Minus of course the butter and egg. So he still holds me responsible for any possible poor baking, but until I win the lottery it'll have to do.  Good luck friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment