Friday, August 12, 2011

Carrot Cake


I don't like Carrot Cake.  I made it myself, hoping for an Ah-HA! Moment. Nope, I still don't like carrot cake.
Everyone else enjoyed it.  All smothered in Cream Cheese Frosting. The only complaint was that I did not have piped faux carrots on each slice. I told my Uncle to bite me.  He ate it anyway. HA!
I got this recipe from the BFF, AKA Betty Crocker. She got it from her sister. Thanks Steeners!

Layer Carrot Cake

2 1/2 Cups Flour
2 Tsp Baking Soda
2 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Salt
2 Cups Sugar
4 Eggs

1 1/3 Cup Veg Oil
14 Ounces of Puree'd Carrot (almost 2 cups)
2 Cups Grated Carrots
2 Tsp Vanilla

Mix all dry ingredients, add eggs, oil and pureed carrot. Mix well. Now fold in the grated carrot and Vanilla. Bake at 350 for 25-30 Minutes I made my layers in 2 greased 13x9 casserole dishes. The first layer stayed right in the pan. (I have two pans) The second layer, I cooled and put directly on top of the iced first layer. Iced the top and brought it right to the party in the dish. Easy-peasy.


No comments:

Post a Comment