Monday, February 28, 2011

10 Minute Cupcakes [update]

Thanks To Cupcake Project for a quick treat!

With the exception of me fussing with a P&S camera instead of my usual DSLR, it really only took ten minutes to make these cupcakes.

Hubs and I needed some dessert after yet another delicious evening of sliced steak sandwiches.  We've been on a kick with those. But they are so darn GOOD!

I really need to invest in some of these silicone baking cups.  My options were pretty limited and the results were tasty but looked NOTHING like these!

This recipe is from Paula Deen via. Cupcake Project.  But I'll repost the recipe here.  I spent more time finding the links and reading the recipe itself than actually MAKING these babies.


Be sure to microwave the cupcakes in silicone cupcake liners – paper liners won’t hold their shape and foil liners are not microwave safe.

Chocolate Spice Cupcakes For Two
Yield: 2 cupcakes
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
4 ½ teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
4 ½ teaspoons milk
1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
½ egg, lightly whipped (approximately 2 tablespoons whipped egg)
Prepared Whipped Cream
Sprinkles

Whisk flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and ginger in a small bowl.
Mix in milk, butter, and egg.

Divide evenly between two silicone cupcake liners.

Microwave on medium for one minute.
Microwave again on medium for thirty seconds.  If the cupcakes do not bounce back when lightly touched, repeat this step.
Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.

Serve warm.

Well First of all Pumpkin Spice has all the right stuff all in one container. I used 1/2 Teaspoon of that instead of all the individual spices. Secondly I only had paper liners and some small kid sized microwavable containers that kinda/not really/ almost fit the liners.  These little guys were heavy, they came out more brownie like in consistency.  They did pack a really nice spicy punch.  It was a great switchup to my normal sweet chocolate tendencies. Next time I think I'll have the silicone cups on hand and double the recipe to make them a bit bigger.  I topped them with a little Cream Cheese/ powdered sugar Icing. Forgot to take the final picture, I was too anxious to taste them!  Definitely a win!
*Update*
I decided to make these as my 'birthday cake.'  I doubled the recipe and baked it in a small pyrex dish.  I sprayed the inside with some cooking spray first, just in case. I'm not sure if I needed to though. This worked pretty well.  It pulled away from the glass very well and I sliced it in half and topped with a layer of store-bought Cream Cheese Frosting.  Worked perfectly in a pinch. The whole purpose of this recipe was quick...   I certainly did NOT wait till it cooled so as you can imagine icing and hot chocolate cake did not do well.  I managed to ice it as quickly as possible and the meltyness that became of the icing just made it even more delectable! 

 Yum Yum Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment