Thursday, February 24, 2011

Buttermilk Pancakes

Mmmm.  Buttermilk Pancakes definitely had that extra yummyness my normal pancakes seem to now be missing.  How will I ever go back now?? Ugh! For the price point it's definitely a treat. That's right up there with trying to buy fresh fruit [top dollar$$] in the middle of winter in the North East.  That is something that I can't wait for. Farm Stand season.  They don't call it the Garden State for nothin. The Toddler knows the difference, canned peaches are just not the same!!  We get lots of local apples in September which is great but by February I'm dying for some fresh berries and melon or anything that doesn't cost $4 a pound.

I forgot who's blog I found the recipe on but I'm 100% positive it was adapted from Martha Stewart. I generally run the other way when I hear her name but HOW many different recipes can you have for a good pancake. The ingredients won't vary too much.  Plus I forgot to book mark it and also just jotted it down on the back of my regular pancake recipe in my cookbook. [The ever growing 3 ring binder that I now love!]

Buttermilk Pancakes

2 Cups Flour
1 Tsp Baking Soda
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
3 TBS Sugar
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
3 Cups Buttermilk cold
4 TBS Melted unsalted Butter


Melt butter in separate bowl. Let cool to room temp. Meanwhile wisk flour, baking soda, powder, salt and sugar.  Add eggs and buttermilk wisk to combine. Add cooled melted butter. Wisk until combined and no lumps remain.  I use a 1/8 cup scoop to make consistent sized pancakes and 4 that size fit on my griddle.
 I forgot to count how many that made but it was more than enough for Hubs, The Toddler & I for breakfast for 2 days +!

No comments:

Post a Comment