Monday, February 14, 2011

V-Day Cookies

Thanks to Baked Bree for her Peanut Butter Cookies!  I only really 'discovered' Peanut Butter during pregnancy.  Before that I'd have my customary Reeses PB Cup or two on Halloween and maybe Easter and that's it for the year.  I took a few liberties with the recipe but thats par for the course on what's available in my pantry.  Yesterday we went grocery shopping and I picked up ALL kinds of tasty goodies.
I'm so anxious to share these! I immediately FB'd my diabetic friend and shamelessly told her I'm making cookies that would kill her. God I'm a great friend aren't I? haha
I only had dark brown sugar so they didn't come out as light looking. Plus my oven has frequent tantrums and does not cook properly and I'm just happy when it doesn't burn everything.  I used 3/4 Cup of Chocolate chips and no PB chips.  I don't know if I like PB THAT much.  I also purchased Pretzel M&M's and PB ones.  I really went overboard when I thought, what IF I put a Mini Oreo inside??!? Kinda like the cookies I bookmarked yesterday from Picky Palate- Oreo stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies. O.M.G.  I'm still going to make her recipe soon.

But I HAD to just try the Super-cala-frag-a-listic whatever-theheckyou call it Cookie.

So I did make Bree's recipe with the PB M&M's and they are quite tasty.

I think this may be my PB intake for the rest of the year.


This just looked cool.

I froze some of the dough.  Hopefully it will be fine for a few days. I'll throw some of these babies in on Sunday for my Lil' Bro's Bday dinner. He loves Peanut Butter.  Our Trick or Treating escapades always ended well as kids, I got all the 3 Musketeers and he got all the Reeses.




Here's Bree's version with the PB M&M's.  I couldn't find the pretty valentine's colored ones so I just picked out all the red ones for this batch. YUM!

2 comments:

  1. These look great! I can't believe you used to only eat a little bit of peanut butter throughout the year! I don't know how many jars I go through! LOL!

    ReplyDelete