Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Updates and Recipes

I updated 'Cream Cheese anyone?' with more pictures etc. Check it out.

My friend that I made the egg fritatta for asked for the recipe. I had to laugh, she does NOT use her kitchen.  When asked what she's been doing all these years she replied, "...cheese and crackers? or I just eat out." Ah I will make her a recipe card then. lol  Egg, cheese, milk, tomato, basil, seasoning!  She also returned my pie plate and some misc. baby items we left at the party. Do does anyone else leave a trail of baby items as they go places? or is it just me?

My basil plant isn't completely dead... yet.

Oh and against my 'Betty Crocker Hotline' best friend's better judgement I added all the pasta to my soup and it did soak up ALL of the liquid.  Another two cups or so of broth fixed that... Ok OK! You were RIGHT. xoxo






Quickie Chicken Salsa Skillet
This meal is one of those, crap I have nothing left for an 'entire' meal here...
You add or subtract based on what's currently available.

1 package of 10 minute brown rice.  [*laughs at best friend for not knowing this product existed. Yes, rice, that is brown and ready in ten minutes]
Any amount of chopped up boneless chicken breast, bite size
Salsa
peppers, onion, tomato, corn or frozen mixed veg
Shredded Cheese

Salsa, frozen corn/veg and some flavor of shredded cheese are always on hand here...  So I use my wok, set burner to med/high, dump in a healthy portion of salsa (1/2 cup-ish) throw in chopped chicken.  Start  boiling water for rice if you haven't started already. Stir frequently.  Chicken will cook with salsa quite well, if the wok looks like its drying out just add more salsa.  When chicken is partly cooked add any frozen veg.  The water in the frozen veg will keep from the wok drying out.  Add any other on hand fresh veg like peppers, onion or tomato towards the end of the chicken cooking fully.  I like crunchy peppers so basically I just stir them in at the end so they are warm. Turn off the stove, cover.
Once rice is cooked & drained add it to the wok.  Give it a quick toss with all ingredients & serve.  Add whatever cheese you desire to individual bowls & stir in. Wah-lah! Dinner is served!  Filling and tasty.

Beckie's Sugar Cookies

1/2 Cup softened butter
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
1/2 Tsp Vanilla
1 Cup Flour
1/2 Tsp baking powder

Cream together butter & sugar, beat in egg then stir in vanilla.
Combine flour & Baking Soda and gradually blend into butter/sugar mixture. Cover and put in fridge over night.
Next day roll out in between waxed or parchment paper and use cute cookie cutters!  I prefer not to roll out the dough on a flowered surface to avoid the extra flour-y taste.  Your choice!
Oven 375 for 8 minutes depending on pan.

Oh and we finally had tacos. I never took photos with the tortillas, I was too hungry.
They were delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment