Thursday, January 20, 2011

Giving credit

Hubs got in on the, making dinner thing.  He even took his own photo so his dinner creation didn't get left out. How sweet.  Dinner WAS sweet!  BBQ Bacon, Chicken & Pineapple Pizza.  Something we've had before but Hubs found a recipe that added a little Umph to it.  Cajun seasoned Chicken! Oh and BACON!
He had book-marked the recipe and stated we had no Cajun seasoning.  I was pretty sure in my growing arsenal of spices we had Cajun seasoning deconstructed...  So I told him to consult the all knowing Google Search.  Compare a few recipes for Cajun Seasoning and I'll just make it now. How long could that take?  In retrospect it would have made some super cool spice photos if I had thought about it before my brain sent the message to my hand to stir the bowl. Oh well.  I do however now have my personal stock of Spicy Cajun seasoning! It certainly has a kick!! Woo!

Cajun Seasoning
Makes approximately enough to fit in a 'standard' empty 2-5 oz. spice container
2 1/2 Tbs Salt
1 Tbs Oregano
1 Tbs Paprika
1 Tbs Cayenne Pepper
1 Tbs Ground Black Pepper (I just used my generic table pepper which I believe is both white & black)
1 Tbs Garlic Powder
1/2 Tbs Onion Powder

Spiiiicy! Cut back on the Cayenne if you don't like it too hot. Was Super tasty on the chicken, but use sparingly. Do not put directly on tongue or you will be as foolish as me. Ouch. Gee that was dumb. Water! Water! I need Water!!
So thank you to Key Lime Kelsey for her additions to our BBQ chicken & pineapple Pizza. We both conceded that it was indeed almost too sweet. Next time less pineapple and less sauce but definitely will be in our dinner rotation! What to do with the rest of that can of pineapple... Oh and we used shredded taco cheese instead of Mozz. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment