Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Taco Night

Salsa, guacamole, cheese, lettuce, green pepper, flour tortillas, rice, seasoned ground beef and a dollop of sour cream. That's how I like it. DEEEElicious! Pictures soon up!
Hungry yet?

I made home-made flour tortilla's. They are worth the 40 minutes.
Flour Tortilla Recipe is Here.

I made salsa, while the tortilla dough was resting. Always slightly different but yummy!

Today's Salsa
1 Can of diced tomato with green chilies, drained
1/2 Vidalia Onion, minced
1/4 oz chopped cilantro
1 medium tomato, diced
1 Tbs Lime Juice
1 clove Garlic, minced
Salt & Pepper to taste

Mix it all together and allow flavors to marry for at least 15 minutes in the fridge before making Guacamole or before serving.

I made guacamole. Salsa with avocado. Even yummier.
Recipe= add chopped avocado to salsa. Add a touch more lime juice. Throw in some left over corn that you've sliced off the cob from last night's dinner. Stir and enjoy. Note, a ripe avocado is slightly mushy to the touch, the opposite of what you'd want in say a fruit.
I'd have pictures of the Guac, alas its gone. I saved the last 2 tablespoons to use for my lunch today pictured --> You can barely see it, that's how little was left!
I should add a photo of the empty container. You'll never have any extra!
It's way too good!



I made seasoned ground beef.
Thanks to the Brown Eyed Baker for the seasoning recipe. I edited it some. Best part, NO salt! Ok so I added a little, but I'm human! Oh and more cayenne, we like spice.

Taco Seasoning *makes enough for 7 Lbs of meat
4 tablespoons chili powder
3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon paprika
3 tablespoons cumin
1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Sea Salt

Add 2 tablespoons of seasoning mix and 1/3 cup water to partially cooked ground beef. Simmer, stirring frequently also grind about a 1/8 to 1/4 tsp of sea salt over top of the simmering beef. Season to taste.  I put my extra in an empty spice container. Perfect!

Assemble all of these fabulous recipes and devour. Worth all the time in the kitchen, even if dinner only lasts 10 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment