Saturday, April 2, 2011

Parmesan Tilapia


Hubs was working late so I enjoyed this meal with Pops, who was impressed at my cooking skills.  Growing up I did not have a kitchen role model so he's excited to see that I am learning to cook.  For the benefit of my health and my family!  He's excited to see what I'll do one day with a 'real kitchen' when we buy a house. One day...
Parmesan Tilapia

3/4 Cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 Tsp of Paprika
2 Tsp of  Lemon Pepper Crazy Salt
Dash of Olive Oil
4 Tilapia Filets

Preheat oven to 400.
Combine Parmesan, Paprika & Lemon Pepper on a deep plate. Toss it a few times with your fingers to coat the cheese.  Put a drop of olive oil on each filet and massage into both sides. Place the tilapia on top of the mixture and pat, flip and repeat. Don't worry it does not stick much.  Coat each piece and place on a non stick foil lined pan. Once all filets are coated take the parmesan mixture and divide evenly on top of all four filets. Make sure to use it all!  Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes depending on how thick your fish is.  Fish is done when it is completely opaque/white all the way through.  There is no need to flip these over during the baking process.  Serve with a slice of lemon.
I don't know if it actually needed extra lemon but force of habit when serving fish. You can add more of the Lemon Pepper Salt to the fish if desired but this seemed to be the perfect amount for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment