Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Lemon Cookies

Thanks to my Cousin L for the recipe!  She always makes these for family events and they are so yummy!



Simple Lemon Cookies

1 package Lemon Cake Mix (any brand)
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil (canola, vegetable)
1 TBSP lemon juice
Confectioners sugar

Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease cookie sheets.  Combine cake mix, eggs, oil and lemon juice.  Beat at low speed with mixer until well blended. Shape into 1- inch balls. Place on cookie sheets.  Bake 6 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned.  Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets.  Remove to cooling rack and dust with confectioners sugar.

Note:  Refrigerating dough makes it easier to work with.

I used an Easter shapes cookie pan for these, with flowers, eggs, bunnies and even a watering can!  Last year I made sugar cookies that came out cute.  This year I opted out of the sugar cookies for these lemon cookies instead.  I'm not sure if these were the proper recipe for the pan.  They baked nicely but seemed to be too big a cookie for the flavor.  I've always enjoyed these lemon cookies a little smaller.  Not to say that We didn't eat the larger version but I think it takes away from the lightness of the cookie itself. Good recipe, wrong application.  I used the pan for some yogurt muffins a few weeks back, that worked a little better for the pick-up-ability and Toddler portion.  The sugar cookies show off the mold itself the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment