Friday, May 27, 2011

Georgia Cookie Candy

This is just like Little Debbie Peanut Butter Crunch Bars. Only Better. Yes, Better!

Thank's to an 'A' for Effort for sharing this fantastic and ridiculously easy recipe!

I made some minor adjustments since I'm not the hugest peanut butter fan.

Georgia Cookie Candy (fills 8x8 pan)
1/2 C unsalted butter, room temperature
1/3 C Peanut Butter
1 1/3 C Confectioners sugar
1 C Graham Cracker Crumbs (the finer the better)
3/4 C Chocolate Chips

Line 8x8 pan with foil or parchment.  In bowl cream butter, peanut butter, sugar. Add graham crumbs until combined to form a giant dough ball. Press dough ball evenly into lined pan with spatula. Try to make it as even as possible.  Next, melt chocolate chips (I use the microwave on 75 power 30 seconds at a time and stir in between until pourable) Spread melted chocolate evenly over the peanut butter dough.   Let chill in the fridge for as long as you can wait.  I had it in the freezer for 15 minutes then maybe another 15 in the fridge. I was so impatient!  Take pan out and bring to room temperature. This step is important if you are concerned with how neat and orderly your squares are.  If you don't plan on sharing then dive right in and poke a corner with a knife and take whatever chocolate cracks off!  Oh and to cut it nicely let it set in the fridge for a few hours, use foil to pull it out of the pan right out of the fridge THEN set on counter for room temp.  Bars or squares can be evenly cut after that.

I never got any photos. Laaaame! Those darn kids are hogging up all my time! The lil' one is not napping quite as much during the day so taking photos is low on my list of things to do in my non-existent free time!
Baking Betty can vouch for their deliciousness. Hubs was also a big fan! I'll definitely make this for a party soon!  I do have to say, they faired very well on a 5 hour car trip to our weekend getaway last weekend.  High on my list of 'easy to bring to party' go-to recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment