Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cinnamon Pancakes

Yum Yum Yum!


Based off my original Pancake Recipe, that always seems to be a winner, I was going for a 'french toast' type of flavor but Hubs didn't feel they quite fit the bill for that name. They were darn good though!  They taste very similar to the 'French Toast' Waffles that I find myself purchasing more often that not. I can't really determine which is more cost effective.  Since I don't have a waffle maker and well, waffles are basically pancakes but a much cooler shape. I wish I had the space for something like that. Think of the possible freezer stock. That is definitely an investment when we move out of our condo and into a house with a real pantry.
Cinnamon Pancakes
3 Tbs melted Butter
1 1/2 C Flour
3 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
*1 Tsp Salt, only if using un-salted butter
3 Tbs Sugar
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 1/2 C Whole Milk
1 Egg lightly scrambled
1 Tsp Vanilla
First melt the butter in a small bowl, allow to cool while mixing the rest of the batter.  In a large bowl add flour, baking powder, salt, if necessary, sugar and cinnamon.  Use a fork or whisk to combine dry ingredients. Now add milk and egg.  Mix until there are no more lumps.  Now add the butter and mix well again. Lastly add the vanilla and fold in briefly.  This recipe makes enough pancakes for two hungry adults and 2 toddler portions. (One for today and one toddler breakfast for the next!  When the baby is old enough I guess I'll have to make a larger batch so I have leftovers for easy 'Monday morning breakfast'!)


No comments:

Post a Comment